Rhonda Bell Designs

Rhonda Bell is a mixed-media, fiber, and paper artist living in Austin, Texas. She is editor for All Info about Art Swaps site. A site dedicated to trading and exchanging art. that includes articles on Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), Altered Books, Altered Playing Cards, Art Dolls, Assemblage Art, Art Journals, Collage, Mail Art, Zines, Decos (decorated friendship books), Chunky Books, Greeting Cards, Tags, and other paper crafts.

Friday, June 03, 2005

First Thursday Not a Total Bust

I didn't sell much at First Thursday, but I did have a lot of fun hanging out with Denise and Jeannine.

We mostly talked about Altered Books and other paper art. Both Denise and Jeannine do great art!!

I had brought a Wine themed altered book I had just gotten in the mail for them to see. I'm in a Round Robin where each month a different book with a different theme arrives for me to work on. The group has 10 women and in a couple of months I will be getting my Women themed book back.

Anyway, I had a lot of compliments on my coasters, magnets, and jewelry. But I think between the bad lighting and the fact most people were just browsing, I sold $18 worth of stuff. Just enough to pay for the booth fee.

But that's okay. I'm really looking at doing some shows this fall and I need to build my inventory. I don't have a big variety of stuff yet or even enough to fill a booth. I'll be working on that this summer. I have a ton of ideas.

But mostly I want to do wholesale and I'm looking to try to get my art in some galleries and gift stores. Just need to get more samples made and get my courage up to go in and talk to people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Mortgages