Rhonda Bell Designs

Rhonda Bell is a mixed-media, fiber, and paper artist living in Austin, Texas. She is editor for All Info about Art Swaps site. A site dedicated to trading and exchanging art. that includes articles on Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), Altered Books, Altered Playing Cards, Art Dolls, Assemblage Art, Art Journals, Collage, Mail Art, Zines, Decos (decorated friendship books), Chunky Books, Greeting Cards, Tags, and other paper crafts.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Another Knitting Class - Yeah!

I'm on week two of a Sweater Knitting class at Hill Country Weavers.

Last week was a bit hectic. I spent the whole two hours trying out patterns, looking for yarn, doing a guage swatch, finding out the yarn wouldn't work, and starting over again. I went through four patterns before I found one that would worked.

But before I did, I almost gave us thinking it just might not be the right time for me to take a sweater knitting class. Heck, I just learned to knit in May, and every one else is so much better than me, and blah, blah, blah. That is when HP showed me the Rowan pattern and I knew she wanted me to continue to take the class and to stop feeling sorry for myself and being a drama queen!!!

Anyway, the teacher's name is Lisa Mason and she is very patient and knowledgable and fun. I'm learning a lot from her and the other ladies in the class. I am the least experienced knitter in the class though. But that is okay!!! It is fun. The back is almost halfway done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Mortgages