Rhonda Bell Designs

Rhonda Bell is a mixed-media, fiber, and paper artist living in Austin, Texas. She is editor for All Info about Art Swaps site. A site dedicated to trading and exchanging art. that includes articles on Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), Altered Books, Altered Playing Cards, Art Dolls, Assemblage Art, Art Journals, Collage, Mail Art, Zines, Decos (decorated friendship books), Chunky Books, Greeting Cards, Tags, and other paper crafts.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Mandala Mail Art


I've been working on a Mandala for a Mail Art call that I need to send out next week since it is due on the 30th.

You can read the original mail art call at:
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~cjatkins/cryptic/mandala.html

Mine is five layer mandala made out of cardstock. I cut the bottom layer out of light blue gray cardstock.

The other layers are from a copy of a mandala I drew with my mandala maker and then colored with my Prisma color pencils (I just love these pencils. They are easy to sharpen, they aren't brittle and break. They are smooth and glide on the paper).

I scanned the original mandala and printed it onto white cardstock with my Epson Stylus CX4600 printer. Then I cut out different parts of the mandala which I layered on top of each other. All of it is held together with a brad.

I'm making six more this weekend for a Mandala swap I'm hosting on my Art Swap Yahoo! Group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Mortgages