Rhonda Bell Designs

Rhonda Bell is a mixed-media, fiber, and paper artist living in Austin, Texas. She is editor for All Info about Art Swaps site. A site dedicated to trading and exchanging art. that includes articles on Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), Altered Books, Altered Playing Cards, Art Dolls, Assemblage Art, Art Journals, Collage, Mail Art, Zines, Decos (decorated friendship books), Chunky Books, Greeting Cards, Tags, and other paper crafts.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"In Flight" Book Art Exhibit

Went to the Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas today on my lunch hour to see the "In Flight" book art exhibit. It is an awesome exhibit of handmade books that celebrates the 2003 centennial of the Wright brothers' first flight.

There were several leather bound books that where just incredible; the work on the covers amazing.

I really enjoyed the accordian books too. There was a triangle accordian book that was really interesting. I'd like to learn how to do that fold for a book.

The exhibit is through July 17th. I plan on going back to spend more time looking at the books. I just wish I could touch the books, open them up, and see all the art inside.

Makes me want to get to making more books myself!!

Find out more at:
http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/current/2005/flight/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Mortgages